About YTA

YTA is a NOCN Cskills accredited training and NVQ assessment centre and can offer non-accredited courses, nationally recognised qualifications at level 1 as part of a course and even NVQ level 2 and NVQ level 3 as-sessments for candidates already working in the trade.

YTA offer a range of construction courses, qualifications and NVQ’s. Tiling, plastering, plumbing, carpentry & joinery, bathroom fitting, multi-skill and kitchen fitting courses are on offer at our purpose-built training centre. The-se courses are extremely practical and described as ‘hands-on’ rather than hours in the classroom.

We also offer electrical qualifications including 18th Edition and domestic electrical installer courses through LCL Awards and these courses will re-quire more time in the classroom.

Depending on whether you are wanting to work in the domestic market as a self-employed tradesperson, a landlord aiming to renovate a house or your aim is to be self-employed with the option to offer your services as a sub-contractor working on construction sites will depend which course or qualifications are best suited to you. We are here to help.

Training we offer

  • Plumbing
  • Plastering
  • Carpentry & Joinery
  • Tiling
  • Kitchen Fitting
  • Electrical
  • Bricklaying
  • Multi-skill


Non-Accredited Courses

To work in the domestic market as a self-employed tradesperson offering services to customers from tiling and plumbing in bathrooms, hanging doors to plastering rooms requires no qualifications unless you are going to touch gas or electrical work. A non-accredited course may suit you best however customers sometimes still like to see a tradesperson’s qualifica-tions (or the fact that you advertise you are qualified) and these can be “bolted on” to the courses from as little as £100 for a full level 1 unit accred-itation. For insurance purposes, to work in a commercial setting such as fix-ing sink for a local business or tiling a shop floor you will usually be re-quired to hold a level 1 accreditation as a minimum requirement.

Level 1 Nationally Recognised Accredited Courses

To work on a construction site you are now required more and more to hold a CSCS card. If you pass the health and safety CSCS test you will gain the green labourers card but to work as a tradesperson some sites and/or employers will require you to prove competence in the form of a recognised qualification and this is where the NOCN Cskills level 1 accreditation courses will suit you best. If your aim is to eventually be NOCN Cskills NVQ level 2 in your trade (fully qualified skilled worker) then the Cskills level 1 accreditations tie in perfectly to show progression when you are ready for the NVQ level 2 and will show prior knowledge (you must have 3 years rel-evant trade experience to enroll on NVQ level 2 on site assessments).

NVQ Level 2 Assessments

To be classed as a fully skilled worker in your trade in the eyes of the CSCS card scheme you must hold your NVQ level 2 in your trade. This can be gained by either OSAT (On Site Assessment & Training) or EWPA (Ex-perienced Worker Practical Assessment). The OSAT is when our assessor visits you in your workplace (on-site or in domestic projects) and builds a portfolio of evidence so you can achieve the NVQ level 2 over several weeks/months. The EWPA is you coming to our Centre (Bradford, West Yorkshire) and completing a 1-to-2-day assessment pre-set by the NOCN Cskills awarding body. To undertake the OSAT you must have approxi-mately 3 years’ experience. To undertake the EWPA you must have a min-imum of 5 years’ experience. Once you hold the NVQ level 2 along with your health and safety CSCS card test you can gain your blue skilled work-er ‘skilled worker’ CSCS card.

Start your journey with Trade-Up!